Thursday, July 23, 2009

A new school year is closing in.

And you know what that means...shopping. I don't know about other parents but I dread school shopping. Money is usually tight and as the girls get older they get selective and really don't agree with what mom picks out. I tend to stick to sale and clearance racks. What do you do to stretch your $$ ?


Today we had to get up early and take mom to her quarterly Pulmonary Dr. visit. Usually the wait is insane, but now that she has the C-PAP machine she can go on Thursdays when he only sees his sleep patients. We were in and out in 30 minutes. It was great. Afterwords we picked up some breakfast at the golden arches and headed home. As soon as the girls finished my friend picked up the girls for their little summer job. They are helping her decorate her classroom, and love every minute of it. They spent a good 4 hours with her and came home about 10 minutes ago. She let them raid her treasure chest so we now have another jump rope, glitter silly putty, crayons, coloring books, and several sheets of stickers to add to the stuff they brought home on Monday. How fun for me.

I've decided to cook Filipino food for dinner tonight. Chicken adobo over steamed rice and a cucumber salad. Sounds weird but I'll post a recipe and then you can taste how good it is. My family enjoys all different types of food from different cultures and I wouldn't have it any other way. Probably comes from me growing up overseas and trying many different foods growing up. I don't want picky kids when it comes to food.

The weekend is near and I can't wait to sleep in with my husband on Saturday. Have a great Thursday everyone.

No comments: