Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy birthday Maia!


Happy 6th birthday to my baby girl Maia! Today has been a great day considering her birthday fell on a Wednesday. She woke up at 8:45am and immediately crawled into bed with me and requested her birthday song. (I am not ashamed to admit that I am the first to sing Happy Birthday to my girls every birthday.) After I serenaded her we got out of bed and grandma immediately wanted to give her a present. And so she did and Maia loves her Tinker Bell house. It's super cute, shaped like a tea pot and mom got her some extra faeries to go with it. She was so excited.

Later Mike came home for lunch and she received a few gifts from us. The fun gifts. She opened her yahtzee jr., new DS game, and Mitchie doll. She loved all of them. Her expressions are always priceless. Mike has been telling her for days that she was going to receive birthday spankings. Her PoPo is usually the one that delivers them but Mike wanted to do it this year just to torture her. Maia trying to be brave told her daddy to go ahead and give them to her. Then changed her mind, then agreed to get them. 7 taps on the fanny and she was laughing. She worried about nothing.

After lunch we loaded up and headed out to the movie theater to see "UP". It looked cute and we did not want to deal with the Ice Age 3 crowd. Thankfully NO ONE was interested in watching UP, so we had the theater all to ourselves. Ok it was us and 5 other people, same difference. Let me just tell you this movie broke my heart several times and even brought me to tears. If you have not had the pleasure of seeing this wonderful movie, I suggest you check it out before Harry Potter 6 kicks it out of the theaters. Take your spouse or significant other with you. You will not be disappointed. The girls really enjoyed UP and anytime the get popcorn and soda is a good time.

Up ended and off we went to pick up dinner. Susie made her a yummy carrot cake and pancit, and we picked up pizza and crazy bread from little cesars, becasue that's really what she wanted to eat. After dinner we sang happy birthday, she wished to be a teacher when she grows up, and she blew out her candles. It's been a great day.

I always reflect on the time I have had my girls in my life. Every birthday is a reminder of that special day when I first saw their little faces, counted fingers and toes and thanked God for all the blessings he has given us. Today I thought about Maia's delivery and how thankful I was that she was ok despite the difficult road we traveled to have her in this world. She was jaundiced for a few weeks after she was born and that was dramatic to say the least. But thankfully her pediatrician was wonderful and Maia was 100% ok in no time. I look at her now and she can read, write, dance like nobody's business, and really is the funniest kid I know.

Happy birthday baby girl! We love you unconditionally and completely. We are so lucky to have you in our lives!

No comments: