Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrating Independence

The strobe lights were seriously bright!

Maia wasn't afraid of the sparklers or snap dragons, but was afraid of everything else.
One of the big fireworks. We had several that sparked, whistled, and shot up into the sky with bursts of colors. It was a blast!




So yesterday was the 4th of July ( Duh right?). Mike and I were up pretty late Friday night so sleeping in was definitely in order. The girls hate it when we sleep in so they were bugging us as soon as they woke up around 9am. We finally dragged ourselves out of (our super comfy) bed and I made breakfast. While eating Mike decided to ruin my day by suggesting we cut the backyard. I insisted that it was too hot to which he replied the weather isn't going to cool off anytime soon and it needs to be done. So I unhappily put on my tennis shoes and beat him outside to get things started. It was hotter than Hades out there, but out there I was pulling weeds, picking up dog poo and trash that our dogs like to litter the yard with. I also did all the edging while Mike did the mowing. I must admit that we're a pretty good team when it comes down to it. WE had our backyard cut and looking great in about 2 hours.


After waiting for the sun to go down we loaded the kids into the truck and headed west for some 4th of July festivities. Fireworks are legal in Texas as long as you pop them outside of the city limits. Luckily we've had quite a bit of rain and the burn ban was lifted just in time to partake in this American past time.

We stopped by truckload and spent way too much money on some really cool variety packs of fireworks. Two just for kids packs that has sparklers, strobe lights, spookers, black snakes, snap dragons, poppers, and golden flowers. We also got a Wild thing pack for Mike and I filled with the heavy artillery.I can't remember the names of the big guys, but they were FUN!

Micaylah is older now so we gave her a lighting stick and pretty much let her go crazy. She had a blast and we enjoyed watching her have so much fun. Maia loved the sparklers and snap dragons, but didn't care for the big fireworks so she hung out in the bed of the truck sticking to her favorites.

Good times and good memories were made. Although I'm an idiot and forgot my camera so the above pics off my iPhone will have to do. I hope everyone is enjoying what's left of the weekend. See you soon!

No comments: