Friday, July 3, 2009

And just like that...




Maia's birthday celebrations are finally over. And thank the Lord because all this cupcake baking in this heat was totally draining me. I got up early this morning and started the baking of 48 cupcakes in already 90 degree heat. I then had to assemble the skull and crossbones, frost it and do some decorating. Luckily it was easier than I thought it would be and everyone loved it. I loved it too because I didn't have to cut cake! (It's the little things in life that keep me happy)

Not everyone showed up that was invited, but we had a decent turn out, and the important people were here. Grandma and Grandpa Armendarez, Mike and Denise with baby Elizabeth, my brother in law Roy and his wife Amy, Susan and her son Rylan, and of course Grandma Guerrero. We ate cake and ice cream, watched the guys play street fighter 4, and Maia opened some really great presents.

Now we're all just a tad exhausted from our very busy day. Tomorrow is Independence Day and we plan on popping fireworks outside the city limits. We did that last year and the kids had a blast. We can also see the fireworks from our house so a bbq sounds good too. We'll see what happens.

Happy 4th of July to all of our friends and family. Be safe and have fun!

No comments: