Monday, September 7, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good!

I hope everyone is having a great 3 day weekend. I wish I was thoroughly enjoying mine, but sadly I've been infected by some sort of sore throat, runny nose, slight fever bug. I've been keeping it at bay with mass amounts of over the counter drugs, because I cannot afford to miss work. I'm actually feeling much better than I did on Friday and Saturday so things are looking up.

Saturday we headed out of town for the Armendarez family reunion. The Armendarez side of the family is actually my husband's, stepfather's family. For being a "step" parent, my father in law is pretty great. He loves my husband and his brother and sister as if they were his, and treats all of our kids just like a grandpa should. My girls are very lucky to have him for thier PoPo. We knew having all of us at the reunion meant a lot to him so we loaded up the car and headed out of town to Rankin, TX. There was food, games, and lots of new family to meet. The men played washers while the women and children played bingo. They also had a huge blow up water slide for the kids to play on, and 2 pinatas for the kids to destroy. I took tons of pictures which I'll upload in another post after I finish editing them. We all had a blast and it was nice spending time with my inlaws. We don't get together enough these days!


When we came home from Rankin Saturday night I crashed out immediately! Thank God for my husband and Mom. They were such a big help with the kids while I got some much needed rest. I woke up around midnight to eat something, and fell back asleep.

Sunday was pretty uneventful. I went shopping with mom and the girls, at wal mart. (I loathe wal mart, especially when I have the kids with me. I wish target had groceries, that way I'd never have to step foot in Wal mart again. ) My husband headed out with his friends for their Sunday ritual, while I cleaned house. Mom cooked a yummy dinner of roasted garlic pork chops, salad, and baked potato caserole! It was really good, and even better becasue I didn't have to cook it. The kids went down easy for bed, and I cuddled with my husband on the couch watching a Lisa Lampinelli comedy special. I love hearing my husband laugh.


And today, despite feeling like crap, we had friends come over for burgers and homemade apple pie. I got out of bed around 10 and immediately fed the kids breakfast and started on grandma's pie. (It turned out amazing!) Our friends showed up around 2pm with their chubby baby girl Elizabeth. I haven't seen her since July so it was fun seeing how she's changed. We ate, watched netflix and just enjoyed eachothers company.


Tomorrow it's back to work and school. I have training first thing in the morning, and I'm praying that the kids do not give me a hard time getting up in the morning. I hope that everyone reading has enjoyed thier weekend. Despite not feeling good, it really has been a good weekend. Typing this up has helped me realize that. I hope the week goes by fast!

No comments: