Saturday, May 1, 2010

Answered Prayers!

I'm seriously on cloud 9! Why? Well we got the news Monday that Mom is in remission. Yes you read that correctly, REMISSION! All scans came back normal. Our prayers have been answered and in such a short amount of time. Our Lord above is truly great! Mom will still have to finish 8 more rounds of chemo followed by radiation therapy to ensure every cancer cell is obliterated. I can't put into words how happy I am knowing Mom is ok and will be around awhile longer! The kids are elated. Knowing Grandma has been sick has been hard for the 2 of them.... shoot, it has been hard on all of us. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and continued support. Without friends and family, these past 4 months would have been awful. Thank you for making me laugh and smile.

This week has been so long! Sunday Maia had a tummy bug. It was non stop throwing up, and crying on her part. Poor baby, she was so miserable I was afraid it was her appendix. Luckily it was just a 24 hr bug. Kaylah bug had her standardized state tests this week in reading and math. These tests are very stressful for the kids and KB is no exception. The pressure on these poor children is ridiculous. KB feels that she did well. I told her as long as she does her best, that we'd be proud no matter what the outcome. Pass or fail, commended or not, we are proud. When the older grade levels, the lower levels pack up and head off campus for field trips. Maia went to Lowe's and planted begonias and then headed to UTPB park for a picnic. She had a blast. Kids at my school tested as well and for someone who works in the office, it was heaven having the campus closed for 4 days. No parents coming in, 50% less phonecalls to answer, and most importantly it's QUIET! I love it.

I'm sorry this is so short, but with the school year coming to an end this is a very busy time for me. Please bear with me, I will be back very soon!

1 comment:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

so so so glad to hear about the great news! Give her a squeeze from us! ;)