Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fair thee well my summer vacay!

Today is the day I dread all summer. The end of my summer vacation. Just typing it depresses me. Now don't get me wrong, I love my job. I couldn't ask for a better schedule. I work when my kids are at school, I have all the vacation time my kids do, and get paid for 12 months when I only work for 10. It's awesome, but having all of these weeks off from work to spend time with my kids, enjoy family visits, and get my house in order have been a bittersweet reminiscence of my stay at home mom days. I would LOVE to go back to those days, but sadly I can't. I don't ever think we will be a one income family ever again. I like bringing home bacon, but I miss volunteering at my kids school, having lunch with friends, and taking mom to dr appointments without having to take the day off work.

Ok, I'll stop before I get any more melancholy. My summer is over and I just have to deal with it. I'll go to bed soon and get up at the crack of dawn to gt dressed, fix hair and make up, and go to work. I'll start living for weekends again, and sleeping in on Saturdays. *sigh*

On another note, my kids will also be bidding their summer farewell in less than 2 weeks. I'm so ready for them to go back to school. They have been so bored and at each others throats for the past month. WE still have to get school supplies and a few school clothes, but we'll do that this weekend. Their lists are insane, but when are they ever reasonable?

I hope everyone has a great WEdnesday. I'll be spending mine sorting millions of papers, registering students and answering the phones on the first ring. "Good Morning Milam"! Better practice my chipper voice, I don't want people to think I wish I was still on summer vacation.

No comments: