Sunday, February 21, 2010

There is even a Zombie lap!

Last week my BFF started a Relay for Life team on Guam in honor of her mother Georgia, a breast cancer survivor. I was so inspired that I too decided to start a team. My mother od course is a cancer survivor/current fighter, My MIL is a breast cancer survivor, and I have had several family members fight a lose battles with cancer. Cancer is a heart breaking disease and I do not wish the uncertainty, sadness, and fear that comes with cancer on my worst enemy. Relay for life is basically an overnight walk, run, ride, a-thon. They start with a survivor lap, and then continue in shifts overnight into the wee hours of the morning. That's the Zombie lap! As long as your team has someone on the course every shift, you're in good shape.

Our Relay for Life is scheduled for 6/11/10 at the Odessa College track and I am beyond excited. If you would like to support my team, or join it send me an email at mel(dot)lopez27(at)gmail.com or if you're my friend on Facebook you can support or join by clicking on the Relay for Life button on my profile. As soon as I figure out how to link Relay to my blog, I will do that too.

I will keep you posted on the progress of Mom and team Pink Ladies! We are already $10.00 INTO OUR $1000.00 GOAL!

No comments: