Monday, January 25, 2010

Thankful

Even during a storm, there's a moment of calm. I have always found this to be true whether it be literal or metaphoric.

We still have not received any new news on mom, and although its frustrating, I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Friday she had the CT scan, today was the PET scan and tomorrow she finally gets to see the cardiologist and he'll hopefully clear her for the biopsies needed to tackle this cancer head on. Wednesday is appointment free and then Thursday Maia has a trip to the dentist, then Friday mom sees the oncologist again. Friday is when we find out where exactly the cancer has made a home in her body. We are obviously hoping that it hasn't spread very far at all. Please continue to keep mom in your prayers as we continue the testing process.

In other news have I mentioned how great my husband is? Well he is. I am so lucky to have such an amazing life partner. Without even asking he made arrangements to stay home to be with us, rather than go on his annual business trip to OKC. It's so important to me that my husband is here for support when we could potentially get bad news on Friday. Just to know he's here to hold my hand is a comfort. I am so thankful for my husband, and the wonderful, caring man that he is.

No comments: