Saturday, November 21, 2009

So sue me!

I am so happy right now! Today starts my Thanksgiving vacation, I can seriously hear the bells I'm so happy. Vacations with pay are one of the few perks of working for the school district. These are the times when I love my job, because just when I need the break from the monotony of my everyday work life, the holidays give it to me.

Tonight I'm finally going to see New Moon!!! Yes, I am a Twilight fan, and yes, I have read all of the books. I've read them ONCE and have watched Twilight a few times. In the first book I was reminded of what falling in love feels like. The author is so descriptive that reading the book actually made me feel butterflies when the characters did. And when Edward finally kisses Bella in Twilight, It was ABOUT DAMN TIME! The second book broke my heart when Edward left Bella to keep her safe, and I was pissed. But then Jacob Blacks character comes in and like Bella, the absence of Edward wasn't as unbearable as before. The books keep getting better, but I won't bore you with my love for Twilight anymore.


Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I'm almost ready for it. I just need a few groceries like fresh veggies and rolls, pie ingredients, and cool whip and I think I'm set. We are having a Dinner with my In laws on Wednesday where I'm cooking the turkey and desserts. I'm still not sure what desserts I'm making for them but pumpkin pie is definitely on the list. Thursday I'm cooking a small lunch for us. Turkey, stuffing, giblet gravy, sauteed green beans and carrots, rolls, pies, rum cake. I love cooking thanksgiving dinner for my family, and my husband says that my turkey is AWESOME. That always makes me feel good.


The kids are off all week with me so I have a few things planned. Cleaning house and catching up on laundry is numero uno! THen KB is turning 10 on the 29th so she wants to see New Moon and have a slumber party. Money is tight, so I bought the kids Christmas crafts at the dollartree and I plan on decorating the before I go back to work on the 30th. Right now theres a heavy TV where my Christmas tree usually stands so my husband will have to move it before the tree can go up. Here's hoping that gets done. I did want to do some black Friday shopping but honestly, I don't think I'm in the mood for it this year. The deals on clothes and movies are great, but the crowds are a real turn off.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: